SafTrax Wear Resistant Aluminum Wire Coating
TH604 is a ceramic oxide core wire composed of aluminum and up to 46% by volume of ceramic oxides. This is a “patented” process, which allows for a high percentage of ceramic within an aluminum matrix.
The purpose of this wire is to provide a wear resistant surface to aluminum, steel and stainless steel that is long lasting and protects against corrosion while maintaining an average coefficient of friction of 1.1.
- Anti-slip coatings for pedestrian traffic and personnel safety on boat decks, flooring, steps, ladders, walkways, scaffolding, etc. Particularly steel and aluminum substrates subject to corrosion.
- Anti-skid coatings for car/truck ramps, forklift loading ramps, aircraft landing areas, or any application requiring both nonskid and corrosion protection.
- To control corrosion, wear, abrasion, and impact. When applied to a steel substrate this material will provide corrosion protection and wear resistance properties. It provides equal corrosion protection as that of pure aluminum and wear resistance far superior to that of any material presently known to have both these unique properties. Application environment could include river flow, water slurry, wind blown sand, tidal flows etc.
This material was developed for a cost-effective production application. It is available and stocked in 1/8" (3.2mm) and can be made special ordered in 3/16" (4.8mm).
|Application||Bond Strength||Coverage ft2/lb||Coverage ft2/hr|
|Anti-slip (aluminum)||2000 psi||6||350|
|Anti-slip (steel)||2000 psi||3||240|
- It is normally recommended to apply a sealer coat over a thermally sprayed coating that is applied to steel. The Anti-slip coating system will accept this sealer coating without degradation to the Anti-slip properties.
- The Ceramic Core material is applied with higher density to obtain the maximum wear for high surface contact areas.
Click here to submit a Request for Quote
or call us today at 877-884-3428