Arc Spray Equipment & Systems
Corrosion Control Using Large Diameter Wires
High production Thermion® Arc Spray Systems using either 3/16" or 1/8" diameter Aluminum, Zinc, or Zn/Al. These twin wire arc spray systems are designed to be used in portable field applications such as bridges, water tanks, transmission towers, wind mills, light poles, etc., where access is limited and turnaround times are short.
- Precision Arc 3.2 Anti Corrosion- Moderate Production - Throughout production rates of up to 80 lbs. of material an hour over 160 sq. ft. at a thickness of +/- 10 mils.
- Precision Arc 4.8 Anti Corrosion - High Production - Throughout production rates of up to 189 lbs. of material an hour over 472 sq. ft. at a thickness of +/- 10 mils.
AVD Metalizing Equipment: Engineered Coatings / Hardwires Both Solid and Cored
The AVD series metalizing systems are ideally suited to spray hardwires for use in electrical, anti-fretting and wear, reclamation of dimension, clearance control and environmental applications used in manufacturing and remanufacturing. Our unique AVD technology allows for successful spraying of 1/16", 2 mm, 3/32" aluminum, bronze, chrome, nickel, stainless steel, tungsten, etc. Our most recent advancements allow for the spraying of 1/8" dia. hardwires. This will double, if not triple, the production rates experienced previously in these specialized industries.
- AVD 250 - Thermion's newest AVD spray system - Designed specifically as an economical solution for applications with lighter production needs. Intended for shops that metalize as a sideline business as well as startup operations.
- AVD 350 - Engineering Coatings, Anti Corrosion, Restoration - Normal Production - Throughout production rates of up to 20-30 lbs. an hour using 1/16" or 3/32" dia. solid or cored hardwires.
- AVD 450 - Engineering Coatings, Moderate Production - Anti Corrosion, Restoration - High Production - Throughout production rates of up to 80 lbs. of material an hour using1/16", 3/32" or 1/8" dia. solid or cored hardwires.
- AVD 456HD- Power Supply: ( N/S) Conventional 450 Amp. Incoming power; 3 phase multi Voltage at 60 Hz. Wire Capabilities: All Conductive Wires; 1/8 (3.2mm), 3/32;" (2.3mm), 2mm or 1/16;" (1.6mm)
About Metalizing Technology Used in Thermion® Arc Spray Systems
Thermion's exclusive inventions for thermal spraying (metalizing) improved the twin-wire arc spray coating, metalizing process in coating quality, productivity, portability, and adaptability. Thermion's thermal spray technology is suited to coat products using different metals such as Zinc and Aluminum. The thickness of the coating can vary, and the metalizing technology provides many benefits for manufacturers including:
- High Deposition Metalizing - Maintains 70% deposit efficiency while spraying zinc at 189lbs/hr (86 kg/hr).
- Arc Shorting Control - This technology was patented due to its unique ability to control arc shorting in the arc spray process, therefore, maintaining a steady arc.
- AVD or Arc Voltage Drive - Eliminates arc shorting and automatically adjusts wire feed to maintain a perfect arc which improves coating density and eliminates coating defects due to arc sputtering.
- Six Roll Drive - This drive guarantees a non-slip positive wire feed with knurled feed rollers then removes the knurl effect when feeding continues through the liners and tips.
- TH604 Non-Slip Coatings - This coating containing both aluminum and ceramics provides long-term corrosion and wear protection for a non-slip or wear resistant coating for all substrates.
- Combination Leads - These leads accommodate the wire, power, and air enables the front end assembly to be light yet handle amperages necessary to perform High Deposition Metalizing/Arc Spray.
The PRECISION ARC3.2 allows for trouble free spraying minimizing wire clipping.Learn More »
The PRECISION ARC 4.8 utilizes our Arc Shorting Control technology which vaulted Thermion® to the forefront of High Production Arc Spray.Learn More »
This system was designed specifically as an economical solution for applications that call for lighter production needsLearn More »
The patented "AVD" or Arc Voltage Drive automatically controls the motor speed to maintain a perfect arc gap which creates consistent high density coatings. Learn More »
The patented Arc Voltage Drive automatically controls the motor speed to maintain a perfect arc gap which creates consistent high density coatings.Learn More »
Preset Spring Pressure allows a continuous and precise pressure on the wires at all times and does not change when new wires are loaded. Learn More »
Click here to submit a Request for Quote
or call us today at 877-884-3428