AVD 350 Twin Wire & Auto Arc Spray System
Model # 77350
Auto Arc - Unit Pictured With Optional XMT Power Supply
Recommended Use: Engineered Coating / Remanufacturing using solid or cored wires in shop environments.
Can be operated manually or automated using 1/16", 2mm, or 3/32" dia. hard wires.
Thermion®'s AVD series utilizes our latest technology. The patented "AVD" or Arc Voltage Drive automatically controls the motor speed to maintain a perfect arc gap which creates consistent high-density coatings. Coupled with our recently developed Jet Force Head, which is a closed nozzle design, we are achieving unprecedented coating quality for the twin wire arc process. This new method of controlling wire feed along with reversing the wire at the end of the spray cycle thus eliminating wire fusing and allowing for smooth starts every time the trigger is pulled.
All Thermion® AVD metallizing systems are using the most advanced, long-life, friction-free wire drive assemblies that include sealed roller bearings for the feed rolls and the v-grooved bearings used for wire straightening. The wire straighteners are designed into the wire drive assembly and can be easily adjusted to the wire size being sprayed. The clamping pressure for each feed roll is automatically adjusted according to wire size and type. This quick and simple wire clamping system allows consistent, trouble-free feeding of all spray wires.
Our light weight Front End Assembly consists of two combination leads which carry the power, air and wire along with a small supplemental air line and the trigger cord. This creates a very flexible and durable 13' gun. For the AVD 350, we have attached the Jet Force gun to create low porosity coatings.
The AVD 350 is most commonly used for machine element coatings, or dimensional restoration for shafts, pump casings, paper rolls etc. All wire types from 1/16" to 3/32" can be sprayed with this system. Increasing wire size is very productive when applying wear coatings, coatings for chemical corrosion atmospheres as well as galvanic protection coatings. A new area metalizing is being used in what is know as Architectural coating using materials such as copper, bronze etc. There has also been a drastic increase in Architectural coatings using materials from the copper and bronze family.
- "AVD" (Arc Voltage Drive) technology
- Feeder is close coupled with a Miller Power Supply.
- Jet Force Gun technology with 13' ft. leads to produce high quality engineered coatings
Power and Air Requirements
- Air: 80-100 Psi @ 65 cfm, inlet line- no less than ½" diameter
- POWER: Single or Three Phase – 50/60 Hz
(Please specify wire size)
- Flame-retardant cover: for protection during operation
- Stretch-out cable package: 50FT (15M) contains one Control Cable and two Power Cables
- Tool Post Mounting:
- Digital Volt and Amperage Meters:
- Digital Wire Feed Rate Meter:
- Industrial Cart: is manufactured for harsh environments
- Angle Spray Nozzle: Sprays hard to reach areas, behind beams, Internal Bores, etc.
Find our Owner's Manuals Here
Click here to submit a Request for Quote
or call us today at 877-884-3428