Thermal Spray Coatings for Facilities Maintenance
Thermion® offers a variety of thermal spray coating solutions for facilities maintenance issues relating to corrosion, wear, friction, fretting, and more. The proper coating will help optimize performance and increase efficiency in your facilities maintenance processes by extending the lifespan of tools, machinery, equipment, and mechanical assemblies and systems while decreasing downtime and maintenance. Thermal coating for facilities maintenance and warehouses includes applications to freight haulers, delivery trucks, warehouse equipment, dock levelers, forklifts, and processing systems to name a few.
Industrial components are often subjected to destructive and harsh conditions, including friction, erosion, high temperatures, fretting, and corrosion. Our thermal spray coatings provide a protective thermal coating that protects and enhances tools, equipment, and machinery found in a warehouse or industrial facility. By applying thermal sprayed coatings, parts and components can be quickly restored to their original dimensions. Not only does this help avoid costly replacements and system overhauls, the thermal spray coating often provides better mechanical or physical properties than the original. In addition, thermal coating for warehouses can include anti-slip and anti-skid applications to provide a safer workplace for your employees.
Benefits of Facility Maintenance Thermal Spray Coatings
The following are some benefits of thermal spray coatings for facilities maintenance:
- Prolongs the lifespan of processing equipment and machinery
- Improves the performance and efficiency of tools and equipment
- Enhances mechanical and performance properties to parts making them better than the original
- Provides dimensional restoration
- Eliminates external lubricants and release agents
- Cost-effective solution that reduces downtime, maintenance, and replacement costs
- Reduces friction, sliding, and wear rate
- Provides corrosion and chemical resistance
- Reduces heat transfer in machinery and vehicles
- Improves fatigue strength
- Enhances safety with anti-slip and anti-skid applications
Common Equipment For The Facilities Maintenance
Our versatile array of thermal spray coating equipment offers a wide range of coating solutions for industrial and facilities maintenance applications. Thermion® Arc Spray Systems use twin-wire arc spray technology to apply thermal sprayed coatings for wear and corrosion resistance effectively and efficiently in a single pass. Our patented Arc Voltage Drive (AVD) automatically controls the motor speed to maintain a perfect arc gap which creates consistent high-density coatings.
The following AVD series metalizing systems are ideal for use in the facilities maintenance industry:
- Precision Arc 3.2 – Economical and versatile anti-corrosion thermal spray system. Ideal for both onsite and field use when moderately high production rate and portability are required.
- Precision Arc 4.8 – Low energy, high deposition metalizing system that is recommended for both large onsite and field use when ultra-high production rate and portability are required.
- AVD 150 – Compact thermal spray equipment ideal for automotive restoration, touch-up, and shop-work applications. Ideal for corrosion protection by applying a zinc coating for automotive industry applications.
- AVD 250 – Newest spray system in our AVD series. It was designed specifically as an economical solution for applications that call for lighter production needs. Intended for shops that metalize as a sideline business as well as startup operations.
- AVD 350 – Commonly used to spray engineered coatings as well as anti-corrosion and restoration applications. Ideal for normal production rates.
- AVD 450 – Designed for engineered coatings as well as anti-corrosion and restoration applications. Ideal for both moderate and high production rates.
- AVD 456HD – This machine includes our new high-density arc spray coating system, which is ideal for high production rates. Features include preset spring pressure, which allows continuous and precise pressure on the wires at all times and does not change when new wires are loaded.
Common Facilities Maintenance Applications
Our thermal spray coatings for facilities maintenance and warehouses offer broad solutions for enhancing, protecting, and prolonging the lifespan of a wide range of applications:
- Processing Systems
- Material-Handling Systems
- Machine Parts
- Dock Levelers
- Pallet Racks
- Mezzanines and Stairs
- Docking Doors
- Mobile Cranes
Materials Used For Thermal Spray Coating
Thermion’s wire materials have a proven history of enhancing the durability, performance, and lifespan of machines, equipment, and mechanical assemblies found in industrial facilities and warehouses. Some of the common thermal spray materials we provide to the facilities maintenance and warehouses include:
- Aluminum– Extremely durable coating that provides total corrosion protection and significant life improvement over conventional barrier coatings
- Zinc – By providing a barrier coating protection to iron and steel, zinc thermal spray is a highly effective and proven method of corrosion and oxidation protection.
- Zinc/Aluminum – Anti-corrosive coating that offers the benefits of both materials. For example, the aluminum slows down the dissolution of zinc, which increases the duration of the protection.
- Steel – Produces a well-bonded coating that is excellent for wear-resistant, dimensional restoration, and machine element repair applications.
- Copper – Offers good resistance to corrosion and both mechanical and thermal shock.
- Stainless Steel – Enhances machinability and wear and corrosion resistance. Excellent for dimensional restoration and machine element repair applications.
- Cobalt – Provides superb resistance to chemical and mechanical degradation over a wide range of temperatures.
Thermion thermal spray for anti-slip and anti-skid applications are also available from SafTrax. Using our AVD series metalizing systems and the twin arc spray process, these thermal spray types can be applied to steel, aluminum, concrete, plastic, and other surface materials to provide continuous and safer non-slip surfaces. For more information on anti-slip and anti-skid thermal sprays from SafTrax, contact us at 877-895-5731.
Thermion® has extensive experience providing high-quality, long-lasting thermal spray coating solutions for industrial machinery, facilities maintenance, and warehouse applications. Our metalizing equipment is used worldwide to apply cost-effective coatings used for anti?corrosion, anti-wear, anti-abrasion, repair, remanufacturing, and non-skid applications to name a few. Thermion’s inventions for metalizing systems have improved the metalizing process in coating quality, productivity, portability, and adaptability for the industries and applications. Today, Thermion® is recognized as producers of the most reliable high-production metalizing systems in the world.
Click here to submit a Request for Quote
or call us today at 877-884-3428