Precision Arc 4.8
High Production Twin Arc Spray
Precision ARC 4.8 Capabilities
The PRECISION ARC 4.8 utilizes our Arc Shorting Control technology. In the early 90s, this patented technology vaulted Thermion® to the forefront of High Production Arc Spray. It was the first Twin Wire Arc Spray System or metalizing system to reliably spray large diameter materials, to include 3/16" dia. pure zinc, 3/16" dia. aluminum and their alloys, for field application of corrosion coatings. The PRECISION ARC 4.8 (Model 71000-4.8) is designed to spray at 650 amps which results in a 42% increase in production.
Recommended Use for the Precision ARC 4.8
Thermion recommends that this type of Zinc & Aluminum Metalizing Spray Equipment should be used for large scale onsite and field use requiring ultra-high production and portability. Low energy high deposition metalizing equipment can be operated manually or automated. It uses 3/16" dia.; Aluminum, Zinc/ Aluminum (85/15) or Zinc.
Why Choose the Precision ARC 4.8?
The advantage of "Big Wire Metallizing" is extremely valuable especially when it comes to the field application of pure zinc, pure aluminum or 85/15 (zinc / aluminum alloy). Contractors have claimed one machine spraying 3/16" diameter wire will accomplish more work than two machines spraying 1/8" diameter wire at the same energy level. This is where the term "Low Energy High Deposition" comes from. The Precision Arc is a High Deposition Process, whereas high deposit efficiency is achieved at high amperage levels. With the ability of the PRECISION ARC 4.8 to spray at 650 amps you can deposit 58% more material per hour of production than a machine spraying 1/8" material at 400 amps. This relates to an increase from a deposition of 80 pounds per hour to 190 pounds per hour. "Clearly the highest production metalizing (arc spray) machine on the market!"
Precision ARC 4.8 Applications
The earlier model of this system was developed for spraying bridges. Typically, the bridge model would spray at 400-450 amps. Whether it is TSA (thermal sprayed aluminum) or TSZ (thermal sprayed zinc) the large scale metalizing projects which are being done for the corrosion market have been increasing each year because of Thermion® unique technology. The major growth industries for metalizing include:
- Oil and Gas (Refineries and off-shore structures)
- Wind towers
- Municipal water towers
- Military (Army Corps of Engineer Applications)
- US Waterways
Precision ARC 4.8 Materials Used
Whether you are metal spraying or rather metalizing zinc for onsite galvanizing or aluminum (TSA, Thermal Sprayed Aluminum) the Precision Arc 4.8 is the Metalizing workhorse you need in your arsenal of tools for a successful corrosion protective coating. This type of equipment is capable of spraying:
- Zinc / Aluminum
- Heavy Duty Wire Straighteners
- Remote Amperage And Voltage Meters With Control At The Feeder
- Arc Shorting Control Technology
- Thermion® Exclusive Modular Construction
- Deposit Efficiency; Aluminum 75%, Zinc 70-% , 85/15, Zinc Aluminum 70%
- Emergency Shut Off
- HD Hi Temp Machine Components
- Thermion®’s Exclusive Ergonomic Handle
All components are factory built to be "plug and play": no tools are needed when connecting components. Connection errors have been eliminated because each fitting is unique to itself.
Precision Arc 4.8 Package:
Feeder Cart Mount Feeder set up to run 3/16" dia. spray wires can be detachable for use in small (down to 24") entrance areas
Front End Assembly with Fan Spray Head
Industrial Cart with high profile dust sealed wheels, heavy duty construction for shop or field use. Easily hung or rolled about the harshest environments.
Control Box modular constructed for quick change of complete control box or internal components, also interchangeable with any model of Thermion® Metalizing Systems, Series 5000 (Thermion® 500), 51000 (Thermion® Bridge Models), 53000 (Thermion® Spray Master) or 54000 (Thermion® Precision Arc)
650 Amp Power Supply @ 100% duty cycle
50 ‘ Control / Power Lead, specifically designed for Thermion® systems using advancements such as shielded conductors for EMF protection, and a tough outer jacket resistant to cuts and abrasion to maximize service life.
Extensive Spare Parts Kit
Tool Kit contains tools to service the equipment plus special items for convenience.
Power and Air Requirements:
- 650 amps @ 100% duty cycle; 50/60 HZ. / 208, 230, 400, 440, 575 volts. * CE models available.
- Aluminum; 53 lbs. an hour, 334 sq. ft. at 10 mils
- Zinc; 190 lbs. an hour, 472 sq. ft. at 10 mils
- 85/15 (zinc aluminum); 136 lbs. an hour, 431 sq. ft. at 10 mils
- Air Consumption, 90- 110 psi at 60 cfm.,1/2 " IPS/ NPT Connection
- Extended Front End Leads: 13' or 18'
- Small wire Change over kits: 1/16" (1.6 mm), 2 mm, 3/32" (2.3 mm) **
- Jet Force Head: for low-density coatings applied at high velocities. I.e. engineered coatings for sizes, 1/16", 2mm, 3/32" or 1/8" dia.
- Angle spray nozzle: for tight hard to reach areas
- 450 amp Invertor: 450 amp 100% duty cycle, 118 lbs. Lightweight and portable.
- Remote Drum Feed System: for use of large payoff drums up to 150’ from work site
- Precision Drum Dispenser: allows use of large payoff drums of zinc or 85/15 (zinc aluminum)
- Precision Reel Dispenser: for use of large aluminum reels (equivalent to zinc payoff drums)
- Flame Retardant Covers: Cart, feeder or large payoff drums
- Keyed Emergency Shut Off: for Supervised lockout
- Spray Material: Zinc, Aluminum (1100 or 1350) or 85/15 Zinc Aluminum, which are manufactured to Thermion’s specific specifications.
- Custom Products: we can engineer, design and build industry or customer specific components and systems.
* Additional cost may apply
** When ordering Please specify wire size
Click here to submit a Request for Quote
or call us today at 877-884-3428